BKPM has Successfully Brought 4 Investors to Enter KIT Batang in Less than a Year since Its Inauguration

   

Batang, 21 April 2021 - Chairman of BKPM with the Minister of Public Works and Public Housing (PUPR), the Governor of Central Java, the Regent of Batang, as well as the board of directors of PTPN and PT PP accompanied the President of the Republic of Indonesia (RI) Joko Widodo to review the work on KIT Batang as an investment destination location on April 21. The goal is to provide maximum employment opportunities for the Indonesian workforce.

KIT Batang was inaugurated directly by the President on June 30, 2020. This area is a pilot project of the cooperation between the government and BUMN to present highly competitive investment locations. 60% of the KIT Batang is allocated for industry and the other 40% is for public facilities and green areas. In May 2021, there will be a glass manufacturer from South Korea, KCC Glass Corporation, which will conduct groundbreaking at KIT Batang. KCC occupies a land area of ​​49 ha, with an investment value of IDR 5 trillion and an estimated employment of 1,300 people. KCC will produce glass for architecture and automotive, with 80% of which will be exported.

Chairman of BKPM always promotes KIT Batang to investors because it has advantages, including infrastructure facilities that produce high connectivity and very competitive land prices. The construction of basic infrastructure in KIT Batang is estimated to be completed according to the plan in May 2021.